Teradata Corporation is an American computer company that sells database software for data warehouses and analytic applications, including Big Data. Its products are meant to consolidate data from different sources and make the data available for analysis. Formerly a division of NCR Corporation, Teradata was incorporated in 1979 and separated from NCR in October 2007. Teradata is led by Mike Koehler, the former senior vice president of NCR. Teradata's headquarters is located in Miamisburg, Ohio.
Teradata Labs, the technology research and development (R&D) organization within Teradata Corporation, has been turning innovative decision support technology into business results for over 30 years. Our R&D team of analytic architects, database developers and engineers work to understand and advance emerging technologies to invent the next wave of cutting-edge analytic data solutions.
Responsible for the development of new code in the complex area of the Teradata Optimizer.
Ability to understand existing code which needs strong ‘C/C++’ skills.
Excellent analytic abilities
Understanding of Database internals, SQL grammar, data structures and OS internals.
Associate needs to have 6-8 years of development experience in C/C++. He/She will be working on the Plan Comparison Tool and the Query Analysis Facility (PCT/QAF) which allows for rapid problem identification/Analysis and resolution. He/She will also be involved in fixing bugs in the Teradata Optimizer initially to gain an understanding of the different areas. He may also require working on the upcoming feature offerings of Teradata in the Query Optimization areas. Experience in working in Linux style environments is highly desirable. Education and Experience Requirements:
Candidate must have a technology related Master’s Degree in Computer Science with at least 6 years’ experience.
Development experience required.
Strong C/C++ programming skills. Java Skills an added advantage
Should be comfortable with SQL(ANSI/Database specific)
Knowledge of Perl/Shell Scripting desirable.
Ability to work with Architects, Technical Lead, Senior Developers, and Support Associates.
Teradata knowledge a plus. Key Areas of Responsibility:
Enhancements to the PCT/QAF and code instrumentations in the Teradata DBS Query Optimizer Code.
Analyze optimizer bugs, design fix and unit test changes.
Develop new features/change requests.
Interact with offshore/onshore associates on projects/assignments Scope:
Works with Project Lead, reports to Engineering Manager Work Environment:
Requirements Analysis, Software development, Unit/Integration testing, bug fixing. Key Competencies/Skills:
- Software development skills including software design specification, test specification, coding, testing.
- Strong programming skills with C/C++. Java Skills desirable. Shell scripting and Perl programming a plus.
- Some desirable JAVA related skills :
* Core Java, JEE/Servlets, AWT/Swing/JAVA UI/Web Technologies
* Eclipse Plugin Development(RCP),
- Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) controls such as SashForm, Composite, Text, Label, Dialog
- GEF/Draw2D Runtime/ GMF Runtime
* Other 3rd Party Libraries
- Hands-on experience of SQL and at least one of the broadly used relational database products (Teradata/Oracle/DB2/Informix/SQL Server/Sybase).
- Familiar with software testing methodology and technics, with hands-on experience of mainstream unit testing frameworks (JUnit/TestNG/CUnit).
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Be a Team Player
- Knowledge of Teradata/any other RDBMS